Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkArcane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Hey,
so, my mom got Apple Watch as a gift. Cool.
She doesn't have an iPhone, I do. Less cool.
An iPhone is needed at least for setting up the watch. Yay.

So now I ask you for help. I have set up mom's watch and I would be really happy if someone experienced could help set the watch so that my mother doesnt get every ***** message, imessage or facebook post that is directed to me.

The goal is to make this goddamn product work. Without my privacy involved (I checked and every call i made in history is displayed there, great).

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I am new here and I am not familiar with this group's attitude towards jailbreak. However, I consider it ok, if not generally then for my goal now. thx

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
All you have to do is also buy her an iPhone. Problem is, that is your only solution. That or the watch will only be a watch... with no functions, even after pairing it to your phone.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
Not much use for the watch if she doesn't have an iphone... other than as a really crappy watch with the battery life of at most a day.

Either get her an iphone or get her an android wear watch and take her apple watch.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
Buy her an iPhone or take the watch to the apple store for store credit....because it can only be a watch that you have to charge if she doesn't have an iPhone.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
As others have mentioned the Apple Watch is an extension of the iPhone. On it's own it's for the most part useless and will have no practical benefit. The only way to make proper use of it is for the owner to have a compatible iPhone.

Reactions: jbachandouris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.