Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
These guys are just die hard Apple defenders really. “You are walking wrong!!!”

I can’t wait when Garmin releases the Fenix 8, I will replace my Apple Watch Ultra 2 with this watch when it comes out.
That's neither fair nor true. Something is indeed going on, which is why I recommended @GerritV talk to Apple. You should do the same. They'll have far more knowledge and tools at their fingertips than a web forum.

If in the end a new Garmin device suits your needs better, switch. Why should anyone else care?

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
That's neither fair nor true. Something is indeed going on, which is why I recommended @GerritV talk to Apple. You should do the same. They'll have far more knowledge and tools at their fingertips than a web forum.

If in the end a new Garmin device suits your needs better, switch. Why should anyone else care?
When you're living outside the US, talking to Apple isn't exactly an option.
I could talk to an authorized dealer - but they are sales people most of the time, going "Hm, normally it should work".
Guess I won't pursue this issue any further, but thanks anyway for thinking along :)

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Things aren't improving, my VO2max hasn't updated since April 5th - while I did do my daily Walking Workout every single morning. Guess it's about time to toss away this Apple Watch, it's not trustworthy.

Attachments

• Cardioconditie.jpeg
    Cardioconditie.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 21

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
How baffling. Is it possible to exchange it at a store if you have AppleCare?
Thanks for thinking along Mackilroy.
No AppleCare, no Apple Store, and exchange a 2022 AW isn't obvious where I live.

Either way, I don't find it worth the trouble anymore - being in a digital detox ATM anyway.
I'll switch back to one of my former mechanical watches a bit sooner as planned. ;)

Reactions: Mackilroy

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Fair enough! It's not as if you need the Watch to keep track of exercises or motivate you, it's just (sometimes) handy.

Reactions: GerritV
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.