Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyberDavis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Previously I had an aluminium series 6, and mostly just wore the Apple Spacelink band or a Nike Sport band if running or working out.
I never really wore the Milanese loop it came with or considered getting other bands.

Come forward to getting my Ultra and things have changed massively.
Each day is a decision on whether to wear an Alpine Loop, Trail loop or one of the Nike Sport Loops I have now bought.
That is in addition to the Bandwerk strap I have for smarter occasions.
Not sure what changed by habit but changing the straps seems much easier on my Ultra (sure that is in my mind though), and I now enjoy changing my style depending on how I feel.

For sleep, running and workouts I wear Nike Sport Loop with reflective threads.

Interesting how a change of device can trigger new habits I guess.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
I do the same with my Ultra but for me it’s not a change in habit because I have always changed my band, sometimes 2-3 times a day depending on my activity or my outfit.

Reactions: CyberDavis

Mojo8791

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2020
Same here, I change at least daily between starlight alpine loop, black or white ocean bands, umber or midnight leather links, black trail loop or SS Apple link….

Reactions: CyberDavis

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
This is my first non aluminum watch - my first watch with metal like bands.

I spend most of my time with a Trail Loop (the grey/blue stripe one). It feels so nice. I think the Green Alpine looks a LOT better - and I have had a lot of people tell me the same (but I like the feel of the Trail Loop better).

I also exercise with an old Nike sports band that I had from previous watches.

Just me but I feel like changing bands a lot less often with metal links vs plastic, lol.

Not sure how to clean the trail loop - the plastic sports loops before I'd just throw in the washer/dryer but I imagine doing so with metal links will cause them to get dinged up really bad. So probably scrub in a bowl with soap and let dry?

CyberDavis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Not sure how to clean the trail loop - the plastic sports loops before I'd just throw in the washer/dryer but I imagine doing so with metal links will cause them to get dinged up really bad. So probably scrub in a bowl with soap and let dry?
I’ve cleaned my Alpine Loop and a Nike Sports Loop just by using warm water from a tap and my hand soap.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I don’t expect that my ultra is going to change my habit. I have always run two different bands. Apple sport loop, I have them in two different colors. And a stainless steel one from Amazon. I don’t like to use expensive bands.

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
I ever only change between sport bands and “regular” bands, if the latter don’t do well with sweat or dirt from work outs. Over time, I always used one primary band with each watch I owned: Series 0, 3 and 4: I mostly wore the link bracelet (which was a pain to change out because I always had to open a link to do so). Series 6 was all about the braided solo loop (the most comfortable band for me ever).
With the Ultra, I fitted the Umber Leather Link, which - in my eyes - is a perfect fit for the watch. Working out with the trail loop it came with.

Reactions: the future
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.