Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieleffel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2017
With the upgraded Bluetooth on the Apple Watch Ultra, are there any good waterproof headphones that might pair with the watch on our wrist so we can swim and listen to music/podcasts while the watch is still on our wrist?

Or is it too early since non of the testers have their Ultras yet?

robbieleffel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2017
Amazon has quite a few "waterproof headphones for swimming".
They don't work with any device on your wrist. Most use old Bluetooth technology. The audio cuts out every time your wrist goes under water. I was hoping the newer Bluetooth might fix that.

robbieleffel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2017
A few years ago some dude was working on it and it appeared he was able to make it work in a lab. I was hoping there’d be a real-world solution by now.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
A few years ago some dude was working on it and it appeared he was able to make it work in a lab. I was hoping there’d be a real-world solution by now.
My understanding is the latest Bluetooth is still not effective underwater, including on the Ultra.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
Yep, best bet for now as a hybrid Bluetooth/mp3 player is probably the Sony Walkman headphones.

Morrissey

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, California
I use the headphones from JBL Dive, for swimming, it´s an hybrid BT and mp3 player.
Even sony has only 2 models for swimming, one is a mp3 player, and another BT/Mp3 Player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.