Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Went to Apple today to get my iPhone 7 Plus screen replaced because the oleophobic coating is completely worn off. Planning on giving my 7+ to my mother, and would like to have it’s issues fixed before handing it off.

Apple said that the oleophobic coating is not covered under warranty. Has anyone had any other experiences with Apple getting the only their screen replaced under AppleCare warranty?

Going to call AppleCare and see what they say.

15danielp

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Tucson, Arizona
Went to Apple today to get my iPhone 7 Plus screen replaced because the oleophobic coating is completely worn off. Planning on giving my 7+ to my mother, and would like to have it’s issues fixed before handing it off.

Apple said that the oleophobic coating is not covered under warranty. Has anyone had any other experiences with Apple getting the only their screen replaced under AppleCare warranty?

How can you tell the coating is worn off? I think my 6 screen looks exactly the same. I wouldn't know what to look for.

Blaqdymun

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
New York

Smash it and take it back. That's just ridicule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.