Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I like to go caseless and I also tend to be quite clumsy in general, so my iPhone X has had two accidental replacements in the covered two years, and an additional one that wasn't covered because I used up my two.

If I read the terms of the new apple care correctly, I get two incidents EACH YEAR, so up to four total. The costs for screen replacement or other replacement is also much cheaper than before. In every way, apple care seems to be better value than last year.

I am in Australia btw.

Is there any catch? Any legalese that I am missing?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I like to go caseless and I also tend to be quite clumsy in general, so my iPhone X has had two accidental replacements in the covered two years, and an additional one that wasn't covered because I used up my two.

If I read the terms of the new apple care correctly, I get two incidents EACH YEAR, so up to four total. The costs for screen replacement or other replacement is also much cheaper than before. In every way, apple care seems to be better value than last year.

I am in Australia btw.

Is there any catch? Any legalese that I am missing?
I believe everything you've stated is true. Here's an article from yesterday with some details:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.