Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Did anyone else receive an e-mail from Apple this morning? Supposedly I cancelled my monthly AppleCare+ plan on my iPhone this morning (while I was sleeping) with a credit of "-1 Euro" but when I check online / on my iPhone, it still shows an active AppleCare+ plan with renewal date of mid of January (as it should).

Very weird. I did notice that they have been charging me 12,49 EUR instead of 11,49 EUR per month since November. I wonder if it is somehow related to that and they just communicated it completely wrong in that e-mail.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Did anyone else receive an e-mail from Apple this morning? Supposedly I cancelled my monthly AppleCare+ plan on my iPhone this morning (while I was sleeping) with a credit of "-1 Euro" but when I check online / on my iPhone, it still shows an active AppleCare+ plan with renewal date of mid of January (as it should).

Very weird. I did notice that they have been charging me 12,49 EUR instead of 11,49 EUR per month since November. I wonder if it is somehow related to that and they just communicated it completely wrong in that e-mail.
Exact opposite puzzle with December iPhone purchase. Apple Care plan NEVER purchased but 2 year coverage included. Later removed after calling Support to ask what was going on..

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Sound like a phishing email to me - is there a link to “dispute” or other purpose in the email? If so, don’t put in your password 😬

Reactions: Splitrail

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I called them earlier and apparently they have been charging previous gen iPhone users 12,49€ instead of 11,49€ last month by mistake and the 1€ I mentioned earlier is the credit of that. The email they sent along with it this morning just made no sense for that context. I am guessing they have some auto-emails set up for when an AppleCare+ plan is being canceled and a refund of the remaining days of the month is being given and that one was sent out by mistake when they credited the difference of the wrong charge.

Reactions: fatTribble

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
I received similar message but monthly subscription still active and due to renew in January 2023.

iPhone12P now 25 months old - now I've been reminded of this outgoing, is this the moment to stick or fold?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.