Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheezy84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Hi,

I bought a macbook 2 months ago. How long do i have to purchase Applecare before I cant? Thanks

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
You can get AppleCare within one year from your purchase/activation of the free one year warranty.
If you plan to get it anyway, probably best to do so now. That way you don't forget.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I believe you have...

until "two days" before your one year warranty expires. It should state the expiration date of your warranty on your receipt. "Warranty effective through Aug. 21, 2008" and I bought my MB on August 23, 2007. Hope this helps. :cool:

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
until "two days" before your one year warranty expires. It should state the expiration date of your warranty on your receipt. "Warranty effective through Aug. 21, 2008" and I bought my MB on August 23, 2007. Hope this helps. :cool:

It's actually one full year. Looks like you need more math & logic at SF State! Think about it - the exact date one year later would be one full year plus one day - 366 days. Therefore, the day before that date would represent one full year.
All is good, except this year is a leap year, bringing that one day shorter of usual.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I'm going off my receipt...

It's actually one full year. Looks like you need more math & logic at SF State! Think about it - the exact date one year later would be one full year plus one day - 366 days. Therefore, the day before that date would represent one full year.
All is good, except this year is a leap year, bringing that one day shorter of usual.

that was emailed to me by the Apple Store on the day of purchase. And the last thing I need is another "stinkin'" Stats or Logic class!!! (Stats I & II kicked my butt at UC Berkeley in the '90's) LMAO :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.