Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
On my Apple Watch Series 4, I did monthly installments for the AC+, and it seems like it is going beyond the 2 year coverage (there is no expiration date listed on my account). Is this normal? Would the same "beyond 2 year coverage" apply to iPhones when doing the monthly installments of AC+ ?

Also, if I were to sell the AW Series 4, would AC+ end with me canceling the monthly AC+ subscription or?

I'm confused on all of this.

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
So you could have a Series 4 AW with AC+ for over 4 years and still be covered?!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
edited: see below post about additional incidents of accidental damage.

Last edited:

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
One thing to keep in mind is that extending your plan won't provide additional incidents for accidental damage.
Actually, not so. Here's what the AppleCare+ for iPhone page says:

Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date. If your AppleCare+ coverage is renewed beyond 24 months, any unused incidents will expire and you will get two more incidents to use within the next 24 months of continued coverage.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Apple's support article for Applecare+ extensions doesn't mention an expiration date. I will be interested to see how this plays out over time.

My guess is that Apple will be perfectly happy if you keep paying for as long as your iPhone keeps working - four years or more, for example. But at some point, do you really want to keep paying insurance premiums on a phone that has become worth less than the price you're paying for coverage? It's like paying for collision insurance on an old car - the cumulative premiums paid may be higher than the amount you'd get if it's declared a total wreck.
[automerge]1592671039[/automerge]
Ah, the footnotes! I should have known better to read them too. Thanks for adding that.
YW. I quoted the footnote, but the main "body copy" says something similar (emphasis added):

AppleCare+ for iPhone includes up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage every 24 months.3
If not explicitly detailed, it's at least a teaser to check out the footnote. ;-) .

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.