Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
I have my iPhone 14 Pro Max, which was deactivated when I got my 15 Pro Max. However I forgot to cancel my monthly payments for Applecare+. If I give this phone to my son (who is under my iCloud family) and he activates it with his number and Apple ID, could the Applecare+ carry over to him? Thanks!

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013

"If you pay monthly or annually​

If you make monthly or annual payments* for your AppleCare plan, and your plan is already linked to an Apple ID, then it can't be transferred to a new owner."
Thank you

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Even if you don’t transfer it, the phone is still covered. I bought my iPhone 13 PM from a high street chain of electronic exchange shops (CEX in UK). Settings > About showed it was covered by AppleCare for another 18 months. I had no idea who the previous owner was. I phoned AppleCare about it and they said there was nothing they could do, and I had got lucky. However cover would end if the previous owner cancelled and got the refund.

When the cover ran out after 18 months I was invited to renew monthly, in my name, which I did.

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Even if you don’t transfer it, the phone is still covered. I bought my iPhone 13 PM from a high street chain of electronic exchange shops (CEX in UK). Settings > About showed it was covered by AppleCare for another 18 months. I had no idea who the previous owner was. I phoned AppleCare about it and they said there was nothing they could do, and I had got lucky. However cover would end if the previous owner cancelled and got the refund.

When the cover ran out after 18 months I was invited to renew monthly, in my name, which I did.
Thanks, I think thats true if the plan was paid for in advance (for 2 years). I dont that that happens when its paid monthly per the link that was sent to me above.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Thanks, I think thats true if the plan was paid for in advance (for 2 years). I dont that that happens when its paid monthly per the link that was sent to me above.

The phone will be covered if you keep up the monthly payments after giving it to your son.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.