Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TriApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Well, in preparation of upgrading tomorrow I was working through the order process and was informed "You are not enrolled in the upgrade program". I very much am, so I have spent the last 2 hours on the phone with Apple (still unresolved).

bought my 14 pro 9/9/2022
replaced via AppleCare July 2023
the replacement was lost by FedEx
new replacement arrived late July 2023

Apple tells me when I give them the serial number of the phone THEY sent me that I am not the registered owner and my name is not on the order.

Is this an issue anyone as ever seen? I'm not getting amazing confidence from Apple in terms of their ability to resolve it. I'm with agent #7 right now at two hours and six minutes.

dimittar

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2020
It happened with my iPhone X replaced via Apple Care. I had to wait two months. Good luck with Apple. Apple's upgrade program is terrible; I never tried again after having a broken iPhone for two long months because of Apple.

TriApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Yes, I think I will end my IUP enrollment and order the 15 pro via other means.

I have never been so disappointed with Apple's customer service. I didn't mention it above, but another result of this was they charged the full cost of the phone I sent back claiming it was not sent back. The FedEX tracking clearly indicates it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.