Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
I ordered Applecare with my new iMac. I got an email, an "invoice receipt," for the Applecare that just mentions the order, that it was paid, and whatever else. On the Apple Order Status it lists it under the header "Complete" as opposed to "Not yet shipped" or "Shipped." What does this mean?

More generally, can someone explain exactly how Applecare works? I should be getting a box, right? What is in there? How is Applecare set up? Thanks. :)

xy14

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
NewbieNerd said:
I ordered Applecare with my new iMac. I got an email, an "invoice receipt," for the Applecare that just mentions the order, that it was paid, and whatever else. On the Apple Order Status it lists it under the header "Complete" as opposed to "Not yet shipped" or "Shipped." What does this mean?

More generally, can someone explain exactly how Applecare works? I should be getting a box, right? What is in there? How is Applecare set up? Thanks. :)

You wont be getting a box I don't think. When you enter your serial number when you purchase AppleCare, it is automatically registered for three years.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
xy14 said:
You wont be getting a box I don't think. When you enter your serial number when you purchase AppleCare, it is automatically registered for three years.

I didn't enter a serial number though. Did they just assume that since I was ordering an iMac and Applecare for iMac at the same time that it was for that specific iMac? I don't know if that is possible though because it has had status "Completed" for a day or two while I only got the iMac officially paid for today ( found out debit card had 2000/day limit, so had to temporarily up that cap ).

Hmm...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.