Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use Applemail As your main email client?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
don't like it don't use it then. For me I find it meets my needs, I'm happy with it. I've used postbox in the past and its not bad, but I keep going back to mail.app.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It's what I'm used to..
This is probably why I use mail.app. I've been using OSX since back when 10.0 was in beta and I've gotten very use to the app. There may be more powerful apps but mail.app fits my needs and its what I've always used on OSX

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I Know

It's early days in the poll, but I'm surprised. If the trend continues, AppleMail will come out on top, yet most friends use either T/ Bird or Outloook ( although I hate that too) Time will tell, need a bigger sample really.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I must be the only person who actually likes the new mail.app. The only thing that bugs me is how clunky it manages multiple accounts, however, on the whole I find it a great version.

Many people are using Sparrow Mail nowadays. I might give it a spin someday and see what I'm missing out on.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I don't mind the native Mail app. I tried using Thunderbird for a while, but I missed the conversation view that the new Mail app uses; like GMail. I also like the little feature of Mail that shows the pictures of any contact that has them and has sent you an email.

But I liked Thunderbird too; just Mail a tiny bit better.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I miss the option to use actually both ...

For MobileMe/iCloud I use AppleMail while for other IMAP/Pop account I use thunderbird. Why ? Because I used TB before already on Linux and easy transferred my whole mailbox over to my Mac by just copying. No import/export.

And my iPhone/iPad is the permanent viewer in both worlds so I don't miss any mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.