Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

classicalbear

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Do you think it's possible to use 7G of data in 2 hours using AppleMusic in my car through CapPlay?. I drove for 2 hours. Asked for a play list of music of the 70's then the 80's. Listened to some songs, and zapped. I was using the GPS too at the same time. My date on my phone were near to zero and 2 hours later, got a message I almost used my 7G. I think it's strange, 7 G in 2 hours only with music and GPS? Any idea?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
If you have "Cellular Streaming" set to High Resolution Lossless (ALAC 24bit/192kHz) in Settings > Music > Audio Quality it would be possible to use 7gb of data in 2 hours with some assistance from you by skipping tracks after they are mostly downloaded.

On its default Cellular Streaming quality of High Quality AAC 256kps then it would nearly impossible without a purposeful effort to accomplish that as a goal. Mostly likely be around 300megaytes.

EDIT: Check your download settings too, if you have download set to lossless and you have Download over Cellular and/or Automatic Downloads turned on then it could easily happen too. These are all settings you would had to turned on though. Should be easy to find though because you'll have 7gb of lossless music on the iPhone.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.