Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAF96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2023
Rather bizarrely, whenever I try to buy anything using ApplePay on the Apple Store iOS app, the payment is 'not completed'. Irrespective of which valid card I try.

However, go to my Apple account on a web browser, go to the 'bag' and purchase and I can use ApplePay on my desktop silicon Mac.

Anyone else seen this, and/or have a fix? iOS 17.2 on iPhone 15Pro, but this did happen on previous iPhone11Pro and lower iOS.

Last edited:

DAF96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2023
Had a 40 minute exchange with Apple Support on Messages. Utterly hopeless - transferred between 3 people who all asked for the same explanation of the issue, did not read the exchanges (which they can see) and ended up simply bleating out garbage about wanting to 'assist', understanding my 'inconvenience' and so on.

So no further forward with the people who own the software.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
so, Apple Pay works on your Mac, but not your iPhone?

have you tired removing the card from your phone and re-adding it?

DAF96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2023
I effectively have - this process did not work on my iPhone 11 Pro and I have a new iPhone 15 Pro where I have had to add back all my cards as part of set up.

New iPhone, new iOS and same problem.

Yes, ApplePay works fine on my macOS. And it worked on my iPhone 11 Pro on other websites where I could select ApplePay on the WEBSITE and my IPHONE would open the ApplePay dialog and I then double-clicked the side button etc. I have not repeated this test as I now have a Silicon Mac and touch KB so can execute web browser ApplePay using fingerprint on KB via macOS.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.