Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boy261

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2021
I recently went through the logs of my iphone (81% with 800+ cycles) and apple watch and discovered that my watch (S4 bought in fall 2019) has 83% of battery health with arround ~350 cycles( im definitelly noticing a reduced battery on a day to day basis).

apple says: “Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles” and
“If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery service. Prices and terms may vary.”

So here is my question, does apple offer a free battery replacement (for any apple device) in case the battery does not reach the 1000 cycles (500 in iphones) if it is outside of the warranty of the device? Or does it charge full normal replacement price or maybe even a reduced price?.

Share your thoughts and knowledge.

One thing to keep in mind, I live in Spain so it would be best if the information is from Europe.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Knowing Apple? They'll try really hard to charge you.

If you can convince an advisor that your battery is faulty, and I mean really convince them, they miiiight waive the repair cost. I know if you have AppleCare+ you get free replacements under 80% but can have it replaced for free if you convince them it's a bad battery even at or above 80%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.