Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Everybody is giving Apple a pat on the back for discounting replacements to $29. It’d be one thing if they said they’d replace batteries AT COST but they’re not... they’re not going to stop slowing down phones they’re just gonna bring down the price of battery replacements for 1 year. I would wager a large sum that they make more money off of battery replacements this year than they ever have. They’ve figured out a way to turn them getting caught red handed into them being a “hero” whilst still making money hand over fist. It’s ingenius how they turned this scandal into a campaign for battery replacements where they’ll rake in crazy amounts of cash.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Table Top Joe

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2016
How much of that $29 do you think is profit after the cost of the battery and the labour?.....Im not saying Apple are saints or anything but they can make money a hell of a lot easier than this(and already do as Im sure you know)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I think due to all these lawsuits they will eventually have to eat the cost of all battery replacements for the i6 and 6S.
This is more of a temporary PR move apologizing, offering cheap batteries and promising to include certain software features on upcoming iOS updates.
That's all done before it gets ugly and very expensive for them in court.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.