Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
I find it odd that Apple sell refurbished X and 8 plus for high prices but not the XS series.

The timing isn’t right. We will likely see refurbished Xs/max series next year (Around 12 pro release) My guess is the Xs is still too close to flagship and they want to minimise the option of buyers choosing between the two and are essentially disassociating the availability of the Xs series to promote sales of the 11 series. They are also not offering Apple Watch 4 (refurbished) as an option, despite being released only last year, but continue to sell & promote the series 3 alongside the flagship series 5.

A tactic Apple have used throughout range is to sleep a previous generation presence during a current generations time to shine. Rest assured the Xs (and AW4) will be back, come September time. Albeit a refurb option. Subsequently the 11 pro series will likely disappear from official Apple outlets/site around this time also.

Last edited:

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
The timing isn’t right. We will likely see refurbished Xs/max series next year (Around 12 pro release) My guess is the Xs is still too close to flagship and they want to minimise the option of buyers choosing between the two and are essentially disassociating the availability of the Xs series to promote sales of the 11 series. They are also not offering Apple Watch 4 (refurbished) as an option, despite being released only last year, but continue to sell & promote the series 3 alongside the flagship series 5.

A tactic Apple have used throughout range is to sleep a previous generation presence during a current generations time to shine. Rest assured the Xs (and AW4) will be back, come September time. Albeit a refurb option. Subsequently the 11 pro series will likely disappear from official Apple outlets/site around this time also.

The oddity comes with the retired 8 plus 256gb being sold refurbished and it's £10 cheaper than a new 128gb which just launched in September. Why wouldn't they remove this model as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.