Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Frankly, I have a problem with Apple's new trackpads being the mouse button, and I guess it's slightly irrational, but...

With laptops, I'm kind of used to using the laptops with trackpads and buttons being separate, so I have a habit of tapping on the palmrest instead (A lot) and I find it kind of awkward to use it a lot of times. I've thought of them as established as two different things, but I guess it's more useful for a lot of people. I was thinking they'd still have a mouse button but also have the trackpad usable as one, though. In some cases, it's more useful to use it, and since I also use an iBook G4 were the trackpad has worn down a lot so it can double as a button, I've used it that way. Is there any possibility Apple will make them separate again? And is there any way to mod a notebook so that I can get one on there?

ll PiStoNs ll

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
Darn. Well, I wasn't expecting the first one to be true.

Solution: Take a sharpie and draw a horizontal line about 33% of the way up the square trackpad. Track in the space above said line and click in the space below the line.

fixed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.