Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgfink

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I was just looking in the app store, at the Top 100 charts, and I thought something. Do you think Apple's own apps, like iBooks, Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, are helped a little bit to come to the top? I mean I know there not number 1 anymore (except iBooks), but do you think there pushed to the top? Like an "inside job"? Do you get what i'm saying?

0blivion

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
I know what you mean. And honestly, I don't know. Maybe they do, or maybe they put it on top in the feature page, (if there is a feature page).

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
nah, people bought them cause they are reputable. I wish they would update the Poker game to use the whole screen of the iPad. I guess that is the issue I have with them... will they update their own apps.

iBooks is up... cause its free and a big reason why many bought the iPad, Pages... best word processor as of right now. Numbers, not the only spreadsheet, but none is as pretty, same goes with Keynote.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
they had a lot of help from advertising for sure.

but I think there is a lot going for them feature-wise.

and 9.99 is very reasonable. I paid 14.99 for quickoffice mobile suite.

If QO was 'scaled up' so to speak (its both word processing and numbers) and made just as feature rich it would probably be $35-40

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I see what you're saying, but they were the first apps featured on the iPad.

And they're also the apps that are on the demo iPads at the app store.

And they're the apps that come up first when you put in "ipad apps" on youtube.

Yea, I'd say it's legitimate.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I doubt they would need to, they probably sold enough to be in those spots. They sold fast right away and their prominence has only helped them stay so high.

biomathdude

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
I was wondering about that, too. None of my friends with iPads have bought the iWork apps and I don't blame them with all the compatibility problems they have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.