Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Works in Mac OS just fine but win 10 and win 11 both say streaming video hdr is not supported.

Tried 6, 8 and 10 bit colour and Ive set the ProDisplay option in both Mac and bootcamp option.

HDR is supported BUT streaming says it isnt so I assume a driver issue.

Have tried both sets of bootcamp drivers but the windows HDR option doesnt stick.

Also tried two different cables and actually 2 different Vega II cards.

No joy.
What color profile is set under BootCamp settings? HDR is available only when 1600 nit is set.

Seiko4169

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
England
Yep, 1600 is set, everything appears correct with the exception of the HDR video streaming option - that shows Not supported. So HDR yes, 'HDR video streaming - No' results in not being able to turn on Use HDR.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Vega II seems to show 6k resolution but hdr video streaming doesn't seem to work, so no HDR on win10?
What does the Radeon software show as color depth for 6K resolution? Does it show link rate or bandwidth or pixel clock?
Did you try using a lower resolution such as 4K (make sure the pixel clock is ≈533MHz)?

Seiko4169

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
England
colour depth is set to 10 bpc, I've tried both 6 and 8 too but no joy.
resolutions, I've tried them all but the still no way to have the Stream HDR video as supported.

1715170540570.png

Seiko4169

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
England
I suspect this is the drivers and how they enable 6k without DSC; 2 half screens of 3008 rather than the 6k in one. I did try bootcampdriver.com versions too but they also didnt allow HDR video streaming. A shame because for that brief moment the option is toggled on the screen comes to life and looks incredibly rich but 1 second later the option turns itself off.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
colour depth is set to 10 bpc, I've tried both 6 and 8 too but no joy.
resolutions, I've tried them all but the still no way to have the Stream HDR video as supported.
Seems that Windows can use the dual HBR3 x4 over Thunderbolt mode (dual tile display). 648.91 MHz is the pixel clock from the EDID for each 3008x3384 tile of the display.
Is the 4K60 mode pixel clock set to 528.02MHz?
There's also a 4K59.94 mode at 527.96MHz?

Check that the HDR Static Metadata Data Block is in the second block of the EDID?

Seiko4169

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
England
Thanks, so in a new twist HDR video streaming has decided to start working!! I rebooted into Mac for half a day and went back to win11 this morning to check the EDID and noticed the resolution was 5k but hdr was on. Checked you tube and all good! Changed the res back to 6k and HDR continues to work!!

Thanks to everyone who responded.

So confirmed,
Mac Pro 7.1, Vega II and XDR under bootcamp do offer the full 6k and HDR.

👍

er2429

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
Thanks, so in a new twist HDR video streaming has decided to start working!! I rebooted into Mac for half a day and went back to win11 this morning to check the EDID and noticed the resolution was 5k but hdr was on. Checked you tube and all good! Changed the res back to 6k and HDR continues to work!!

Thanks to everyone who responded.

So confirmed,
Mac Pro 7.1, Vega II and XDR under bootcamp do offer the full 6k and HDR.

👍
Awesome. Glad to hear it worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.