Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
K all u people who r hoping for 20 things this s.f. macworld r crazy. first at any s.f. macworld apple will only release 2-3 big updates if any. 2nd most of the time Apple gives marketing hints i.e. price drops and so on for example powerbook and ibook price dropped showing the release of updates. Lastly Apple usually updates hardware every six months for example powerbook and ibook updates at spring sebold and again 6 months later at fall sebold. So my guess is new imacs for 2 reasons 1 lots-o-price drops and "deals" and also the design is getting old. I also think that Power macs will be updated to G5 but not a shipped till late quarter 1 first cuz ive talked to apples people at WSU and they say that apple hopes to have them by that point and also because its be six months. Lastly Apple may come out with new monitors cuz they dropped the price and have "deals" on them. Lets hope Apple at least gets the G5s out

_________
Won't Get Fooled again by Wintel

joey j

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2001
G5s announced at MWSF

"the G5 line will be announced at MWSF 2002."

i'd put money on that, the 8500 sounds finished to me. that, and i want to
put mad smaq down on those here (and elsewhere, too) who think the G5
isn't due until mid-2002, or, god forbid, 2003 (one specific macslash
poster, who will remain nameless... it doesn't take THAT long to develop
a microprocessor, my friend...)

10.2? probably bundled with the G5s, apple will probably want to ship an
64-bit OS with them. if the G5s are announced at MWSF, then they'll
probably say at least a few words on 10.2.

imac update? definitely. the imac is long in the tooth. but as always
apple will not ship G3s with higher clockspeeds than G4s; if the G5s go to
plan, topping out at maybe 1.4 or 1.6 ghz, then look for imacs of 900 mhz
at least. ~850 mhz in a pinch.

and everything else - i don't care about :p

even the imacs i don't care about, i'm waiting for a g5 next year :p so
i want a release ASAP =]

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
things are starting to sound good that people are mentioning the 8500 because the talk of the ppc or mpc 7400 preceded the G4

better than 1 GHz with a G5 is all we need, anything more is even better, of course

Disdain

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
Strangly I am not to aware of what the hell is going on so whatever is released will be good even an expansion on the max ram say to 2.5 gigs of it should be good or perhaps 3+ and bigger hard drives minumum 60gigs and have one with a 180gig that would be good and better graphics cards and all imacs and g4/5's with in built sub woofers or sumthing

jeffberg

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2001
Superdrive for $1700

Does anyone think a superdrive loaded powermac will be $1700?

If so that is when I buy.

Disdain

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
crap me I never thought to try http://www.****microsoft.com how cool their is a place with that name thanks jeffberg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.