Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hi. I have searched but didn't see anything recent in the jailbreak forum about the appletv so I thought I would start this and hopefully someone would see it and reply.

So here is my issue -

I've downloaded Seas0nPass and followed all of the directions but I'm not sure how long it takes? It seems like I've been waiting at least 30-45 minuets and all I get is this

And iTunes is just sitting on the screen showing my AppleTv in Recovery Mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 2.42.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 2.42.29 PM.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 117

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
SeasonPass sometimes fails its running script within itunes.
Did itunes do anything?

Start over and try again.
Or
find that custom ispw that was just created by seasonpass on your computer and press and hold the shift key on WINDOWS pc OR press and hold the options key on a Mac then press restore, direct itunes to use that custom ispw

May I ask what version of IOS is it you are trying to restore?
Do you have GOOD shsh blobs,

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
hi. thanks for your reply. i'm on the newest iOS version.

I'm not sure about blobs? I probably shouldn't be the one doing this, i should take it to someone and let them do it. lol

all i did was plug my Apple TV 2 in when it said to do it lol

no itunes didn't do anything....it wen't to itunes and it just sits there and says that the appletv is in recovery mode.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks again for the reply

I'm on a Mac

I had the jailbreak working this morning and then i saw something online about an update but apparently it was one i already had and i didn't realize and now I can't get it to work again.

I can get the appletv to work if i just do a regular restore in iTunes but whenever I try to run Seas0nPass it looks like it runs, and when it says complete itunes keeps running and then says restored to factory settings and it wont work again

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Thanks again for the reply

I'm on a Mac

I had the jailbreak working this morning and then i saw something online about an update but apparently it was one i already had and i didn't realize and now I can't get it to work again.

I can get the appletv to work if i just do a regular restore in iTunes but whenever I try to run Seas0nPass it looks like it runs, and when it says complete itunes keeps running and then says restored to factory settings and it wont work again

So after Seas0nPass is done you are plugging in the ATV2 and it doesn't work? You mean its just got the blinking light and never comes up?

If you updated to the newest software its a tethered Jailbreak now. I know because I did it without reading everything. What you have to do in Seas0nPass is boot it tethered. Thats of course if you did what I did.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Thank you all for the replies and help!

I spent a long time doing it and finally did what you mentioned about the tethered jailbreak and did the boot that way and I'm going with that's what did it lol

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.