Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Updated my AppleTV to iOS 16 a few weeks ago and the 2 Homepods I have as a stereo pair no longer work with it. I keep getting a "can't connect to Homepods, change device" popup". I updated the HomePods to iOS 16 beta and they still do not work. They worked just fine with iOS 15.x. WTF Apple? Your software has seriously gone to crap.

Spotlighter9

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2021
Try unpairing the HomePods from the AppleTV and then selecting "Restart" from the Apple TV "System" Settings Options, then re-pairing (no need to reset/restart the HomePods). If that doesn't work then perform hard reset of each HomePod (unpair from AppleTV>>unpair stereo setup>>unplug HomePod for 2 minutes>>plug in and hold your finger on the spinning white light until it is red and Siri says "your HomePod is about to reset, keep holding until you hear three beeps">>the bring your iPhone near to setup.

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
hmm, I'll give the hard reset a try. I've done the unpairing and rebooting quite a few times already with no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.