Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Originally posted by Ambrose Chapel
it's such an OS 9 relic...
Aside from the new startup screen, it's basically unchanged from ClarisWorks, which I used to run under System 7.5. I think at this point, it's just an embarrassment for Apple to even update AppleWorks.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
smilie_repost.gif
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55533

David Lundgren

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2003
Albany, NY
I used to love Claris Works on my old Performa 400 or 410, something like that. I also got Claris' more presentation oriented program, that did E/R charts, etc... I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Anyone?

I'd love to see Apple Works evolve into or be replaced by the rumored iWorks! I tried very hard to like Think Free Office - paid for a license - but it's just not ready for prime time. This computer is my business, and it now runs MS Office Word and Excel for those tasks because there's nothing as good - perhaps practical is a better word - plain and simple.

I'm not a Microsoft hater, but I am an Apple evangelizer! I wish they had a real player in this area. I'd be all over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.