Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Moto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2023
I’m using AppleWorks data base files everyday still on an iMac (2009?) running 10.6.8
It’s bullet proof and has been for the past decade. Recently I dragged a file to the dock and option clicked to have it open every time I launch. Now I no longer want that event to happen, and after option clicking again to deselect that option…guess what it still launches every time I boot. I’ve tried dragging the icon out of the dock, unselecting the option in the pop up… how do I stop this file from launching at boot up ?

Last edited:

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
System Preferences > Users & Groups > [username] > Login Items. Select the item and click the little “minus” button to remove it from the list.

Mr.Moto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2023
But alas the following day the same file started again on boot up. I checked the system preferences and the file is checked as a start up item. Might need to add another Administrator and delete the offending Administrator Account ? Any ideas welcome ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.