Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alanisrox69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
I installed Dock a few weeks back....I really like it.

I then noticed by the time I got home from work (I do use my phone for YouTube/Web Browsing at work..shh lol) I would get the 10% battery left warning....

I figured because of all the browsing and video playback this was normal.

A friend also had a hacked phone but did not have Dock installed, otherwise we pretty much had the same hacks and apps. I found it odd that I was sucking thru the battery....he would be at 50% or more, and I'd be down to 25%....I thought maybe my battery was dying....

So last week, I uninstalled everything from my phone. Restored the phone. And reinstalled all the apps, except Dock.

When I get home I still have 35% or so of battery left.

Dock really sucks down the battery for some reason.

Anyone else experience a battery drain with Dock?

-Derek-

earthsick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
central nj
The more third party apps you load up the more the battery gets sucked down...I noticed the same thing with other applications. I just opted to keep 1.02 rather than going to 1.1.1 but now I am wondering if it is really worth it...alot of these things just burn up the battery.

alanisrox69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
I should note, when I first installed Dock, I was on 1.0.1....still noticed the battery drain.

I uninstalled everything, restored phone and upgraded to 1.0.2....still drain.

After that, then I uninstalled everything, restored (1.0.2), reinstalled everything but Dock and noticed a considerable battery life improvement.

Just an observation...Dock is a really neat app if you don't want Springboard installed (I have that installed now)....I really liked the screenshot feature in Dock...comes in handy....ah well, I like my battery life....

-Derek-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.