Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
I installed a tweak that seemed to make my homescreen fade when I unlock, and apps fade in and out when I open and close them (mind you, this wasn't even the purpose of the tweak). I promptly removed it.

But it still does this.

I tried using iLex RAT and removed all tweaks and tweak settings yet it still does the fading. How can I reset the fading and keep my jailbreak?

Last edited:

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
I installed a tweak that seemed to make my homescreen fade when I unlock, and apps fade in and out when I open and close them (mind you, this wasn't even the purpose of the tweak). I promptly removed it.

But it still does this.

I tried using iLex RAT and removed all tweaks and tweak settings yet it still does the fading. How can I reset the fading and keep my jailbreak?

Have you tried using icleaner?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Do you remember the name of the tweak? Have you done a search for it in iFile to see if anything was left behind after removal?

Have you tried to go into Settings/General/Accessibility and toggling Reduce Motion off and on to see if that kicks it out of whatevers going on?

Hmmm hope you get it sorted...

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Do you remember the name of the tweak? Have you done a search for it in iFile to see if anything was left behind after removal?

Have you tried to go into Settings/General/Accessibility and toggling Reduce Motion off and on to see if that kicks it out of whatevers going on?

Hmmm hope you get it sorted...

That was actually it. I guess it turned on reduce motion without my permission. Bad tweak!

fdjofre

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
If the tweak you're referring to is DockFlow, then yes, it needs Reduce Motion to work for some reason. Or so it's been said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.