Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bilbo84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2015
With the current generation all apps come built-in based on the country that your iTunes Store is logged into.

Does anyone know if the next generation will come empty and you download and install all apps through the AppStore that you want like all other Apple devices?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Not sure. It probably will have all the big ones already there like netflix, Hulu, HBO, showtime...etc. apple did allow select companies get a head start creating apps

bilbo84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2015
Not sure. It probably will have all the big ones already there like netflix, Hulu, HBO, showtime...etc. apple did allow select companies get a head start creating apps
That's what I figured like it does already.

What I'm hoping is that you can selectively download just the ones you want. So for those that are out of the US that we could install things like HULU but still use our own iTunes movie account and Apple music account without having Login and out of ID's to use different services.

grouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
New York
tvos beta comes with nothing but apple software, similar to the iphone (no netflix, hulu, etc)... i'm guessing this is how final release will be as well but that has yet to be seen.

i think i prefer it this way, to be honest, let the third parties manage their own apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.