Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
does any notice they are not as smooth ie. iphone apps?...when i download them and use them for the first time..they try to load and disappear...

ie. in usatoday, few other apps...i can't remember right now...

i assume ipad apps are in the baby stage and will get better?...btw, the prices are crazy?...i need a $100 min itune card now?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
USA Today has been known to suck. I have not had the same issues with the USA today app, but there are more than enough reviews and write-ups (outside iTunes) that seriously suggest the app needs some attention.

Each app will perform differently and if USA today is the only example you have then I would not blame the iPad for that. So far my experience has been great. I had Netflix crash on me last night but that could be due to just about anything, including my connection to my internet. Who knows really.

Overall, my iPad out performs my iPhone when it comes to stability.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
1) I haven't experienced any issues at all -- but have not tried USAToday. I have over 50 apps on my iPad and have used it daily since April 3. No complaints at all in the app usability dept.

2) Prices seem crazy compared to the nuttily low iPhone app prices. But you don't really expect developers to turn out sophisticated apps for .99 do you? What would be the financial incentive if the potential for profit is that limited. (Not even considering a developer can spend tons of resources developing an app only to be told "no," by Apple.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.