Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I like using my Touch for writing because of the portability/availability, I always have it with me which is great. But notes is horrible for anything other than... well, notes. And I can't find any other free alternative. The biggest things I'm looking for are landscape keyboard support and changeable/small font size so I can see more lines at once. I don't mind reading really small text, and I need to see more than I can with the keyboard open. Also, I need an easy way to get it to my computer, either by emailing it to myself or easily sending it to my desktop. I'm not going to pay more than a dollar, but go ahead and recommend any more expensive alternatives anyways in case someone else finds it useful.
Thanks, Nate

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
WriteRoom is the only app I've seen that meets your needs but that is $4.99. What motivates you to spend no more than $0.99 on it anyway?

If it is because it is something you feel Apple should provide as a standard application then why punish the third party developers that provide the missing functionality for you? It isn't like they can just take Apple's existing application and make it better. I just don't get the whole 99cent brigade...

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I've only got $8 of credit left, and my parents don't let me buy credit very often/very much, so I don't want to pay too much on any one app. If I had free reign, I'd have no problem spending more. I'll look at WriteRoom though, It'll really depend on how desperate I get I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.