Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InfiniteLoopy

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
On the current ATV 4k, is it possible to have apps from multiple countries co-exist on the same home screen, or does the user have to sign-in/out each time (and enter the password)? What is the process for updating the apps from another country’s store?

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I dont think it is any different from iPhone.
You can have multiple Appstore accounts and only to update them apps, you will need to sign in to different store.

Reactions: InfiniteLoopy

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Thanks. Do you (or anyone else) actually do this in practice? Does it work well?
I do on my iPhone. On my aTV I don't have that many apps.
Store switching should actually work better on aTV as it remembers all your stored AppleID-s and allows you to switch just using remote, without re-entering a password.
On iPhone, if an app from my secondary store needs update, it will just ask for a login to that store once. If I need to buy something from the secondary store, I need to log off and on to the other store in the Settings app.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Yeah I’ve got both US and UK apps on my ATV4 and ATV4K, once the apps are downloaded you can open them while logged into any other region account without issue.
Before the other half insisted on Sky I used to use a VPN to use the likes of WatchABC and The CW which worked well enough.
These days the only US app I’m currently using is Movies Anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.