Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgewill76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2016
Hi

I was wondering if anyone is having problems with apps automatically updating via the App Store? I have tried iOS 10.1 and 10.2 beta and both have the same problem. I leave the App Store alone for two days and go in manually then all of a sudden I have 7 updates waiting to be updated. I have tried all the various troubleshooting methods but nothing works.

Reactions: Camato

rnj79

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
West Baton Rouge Parish, La
Mine won't update period. Don't know whats going on. It has been like this for a couple of weeks now. The circle will spin for a few minutes and then the update button comes back up. Have rebooted the IP7+ and reset the router. Nothing.

iOS 10.2

Reactions: HCO

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Reactions: Goatllama

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Mine won't update period. Don't know whats going on. It has been like this for a couple of weeks now. The circle will spin for a few minutes and then the update button comes back up. Have rebooted the IP7+ and reset the router. Nothing.

iOS 10.2

OMG...I've been having this exact same problem intermittently for a month or two now and it's driving me NUTS. It started happening with my 6s Plus, and the same thing happens with my 7 Plus now. Eventually, after many, many tries, I can get them to go, but it's really a pain.

Reactions: rnj79

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Never used auto app update. No issues with manual though. Did notice they were slow last night.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I'm in this bucket too. Starting with iOS 10, my apps never auto update anymore. Settings are all correct. I'll get the app store badge icon periodically, but it'll never auto update. I've let it go a week to see if it would happen. Nope.

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
When this happened to me earlier this weekend, I found that deleting the apps that were not updating from my devices and reinstalling cleared up the problem.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Not sure if its a bug with iOS 10.2.1 but after updating I noticed that I no longer get the App Store notification in notification center when my apps automatically update.

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
Not sure if its a bug with iOS 10.2.1 but after updating I noticed that I no longer get the App Store notification in notification center when my apps automatically update.

Yep, same here.

Did a restore and there was no change

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Works fine here.

But I have noticing Tapatalk and other background refresh for my RSS app delaying or not updating at all. If it does it is at random times.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Tested this issue with my old iPhone 5 and its the same, no notifications from the App Store in the Notification Center letting me know what apps updated.

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
Even with 10.3 I'm not getting notified about apps being recently updated

MoonageDaydream

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
I've raised a support call and provided diagnostic logs, so hopefully something comes of it

I still have the same issue as well. It'd be nice if this worked again because I rarely go into the App Store so I like to see the notifications that tell me what was updated.

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
I still have the same issue as well. It'd be nice if this worked again because I rarely go into the App Store so I like to see the notifications that tell me what was updated.

Likewise, I rarely go into the app store as well so liked to see those notifications of what apps recently updated

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
My apps used to auto-update only once I disconnected the charging cord in the morning (which made no sense); now I need to open App Store to make the badge appear and get option to update manually. No auto-update at all...

MoonageDaydream

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Maybe Apple intentionally took away the notifications for app updates. You'd think it's something they could have easily fixed by now.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Maybe Apple intentionally took away the notifications for app updates. You'd think it's something they could have easily fixed by now.
There's a possibility of that too, although the probability of this being a bug of some sort that simply isn't of a high enough priority is likely somewhat higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.