Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I've got a 2019 MacBook pro on Mojave on which no apps are asking for microphone or video permissions. No apps show as having requested permission in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, and no app can access the mic or camera. I've tried at least the Zoom.us app and several Chrome sites. None work, and none request permissions.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

josemaX

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
I've got a 2019 MacBook pro on Mojave on which no apps are asking for microphone or video permissions. No apps show as having requested permission in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, and no app can access the mic or camera. I've tried at least the Zoom.us app and several Chrome sites. None work, and none request permissions.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Did you tried to reset PRAM as someone sugested here? Solution?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
So I tried using tccutil to reset Microphone and Camera permissions and even All permissions. It gave an error about being unable to update the database. Ultimately, I had to delete the database to get it working. This meant:

1. Turning of SIP.
2. Deleting /Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db
3. Turning on SIP.

After that, apps requested permissions as expected and I was able to get video conferencing running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.