Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
rendezvouscp said:
Only iTunes. That's why I think that Tiger won't ship with iLife, but you'll have to bring your own iLife apps.
-Chase

It could simply be that Apple wants to keep the download size small. Adding another 1-4 GB to a 2 GB image costs a lot-o-bandwidth.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Anyone know what version of iTunes Apple's distributing with the final version of Tiger? If there's a beta of that iTunes version with the developer seeds, is it progressing better, as well, or worse than the rest of Tiger as a whole?

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
They actually (from the build I have now) keep the iLife apps the same as what they are currently released. They only release new builds of internal OS applications, the ones that come with the machine and are not bought separately. However, that may change, who knows but Apple?
-Chase

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
rendezvouscp said:
They actually (from the build I have now) keep the iLife apps the same as what they are currently released. They only release new builds of internal OS applications, the ones that come with the machine and are not bought separately. However, that may change, who knows but Apple?
-Chase
I would think Apple might decide to release a major iTunes upgrade along with Tiger, since iTunes is a free download anyway - like you said, who knows but Apple what they plan to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.