Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Back in 2017 I created a list of apps that had dark mode support pre-official Dark Mode iOS feature that launched in September 2019.
Unfortunately in March 2021 (approximately 1,5 year later) there are still (big) apps out there that lack Dark Mode support. This is a list of those apps. This is a wiki post. Do please add apps in the wiki post and mention the ones you added to the list and need a dark mode.

There are also apps out there which do offer a dark mode but still have a splash/launch screen that is bright white/yellow/blue or whatever color which is also super annoying those apps are.

Apps that have Dark Mode but still have a launch/splash screen that is not:

- Twitter
- AP News
- Reuters
- Facebook
- Dropbox
- BBC News
- HappyCow
- Booking.com
- Facebook
- Wordpress
- Newsify
- Feedly
- Upflix VIP

Apps that completely lack Dark Mode:

Shopping:

- Amazon
- Zalando
- Groupon
- Aliexpress
- Wehkamp
- Otto
- Spydeals
- Social Deal

Social networks:
- LinkedIn
- Parc

Travel:
- Tripadvisor
- Airbnb
- Parkmobile Parking
- NS Travel Planner
- RWS Actueel
- Google Maps

News:
- CNN
- RTV Rijnmond

Finance:
- DEGIRO
- Mijn Aegon
- Grip
- ABN Amro
- Rabobank

Utilities:
- Zilveren Kruis
- GreenChoice
- HVC
- MijnKPN
- Uw Zorg online
- Berichtenbox
- DigiD
- QFile (QNAP file manager)
- Network Analyzer

Sports:
KNLTB ClubApp

School:
- Parro
- OuderApp van Konnect

Education:
- Skritter (learning Japanese)

Last edited:

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Thanks for adding some to the list. It does appear something went wrong with your message or you are a man of few words ;)

I had just posted a new message when I realized I could edit the first post, which I did. Then I didn't know how to delete the message I made.... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.