Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hello.

I noticed that the appstore on my mac (macOS Ventura 13.6, Mac Studio 2022 M1 Ultra) doesn't update apps automatically, despite the setting being toggled, as seen in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 11.12.25.png

This is very annoying, as I have to remember to go to the appstore, from tiem to time, and manually check every app I have installed for updates.
I tried switching the setting off and on again, but no luck.
I'll be jumping on sonoma with a full format when 14.1 comes out regardless, but I'd still like to know if I can solve this annoying issue.

Thank you very much.

diego.caraballo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Hello.

I noticed that the appstore on my mac (macOS Ventura 13.6, Mac Studio 2022 M1 Ultra) doesn't update apps automatically, despite the setting being toggled, as seen in the screenshot below:

This is very annoying, as I have to remember to go to the appstore, from tiem to time, and manually check every app I have installed for updates.
I tried switching the setting off and on again, but no luck.
I'll be jumping on sonoma with a full format when 14.1 comes out regardless, but I'd still like to know if I can solve this annoying issue.

Thank you very much.
Happening for me and my GF computer since awhile.
I need to open the App Store, click on every app (that until the click it just shows "Open"), and then the button changes to "Update".
I tried different settings on both computers without luck. Happening in Sonoma as well.

It also varies from app to app. For example, NordVPN shows the update badge on almost every update, while others, like Spark or Enpass, never do.

Reactions: JippaLippa

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Happening for me and my GF computer since awhile.
I need to open the App Store, click on every app (that until the click it just shows "Open"), and then the button changes to "Update".
I tried different settings on both computers without luck. Happening in Sonoma as well.

It also varies from app to app. For example, NordVPN shows the update badge on almost every update, while others, like Spark or Enpass, never do.
Yeah, it's extremely annoying.

Reactions: diego.caraballo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.