Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today is April Fool's Day so be wary of hoaxes and practical jokes, especially at news sites.Despite the date, rumors that Mac OS X Tiger will be announced today have not changed.Real announcements are sometimes made on April Fool's Day, such as Google's announcement of Gmail last year. Apple Computer itself was founded on April 1, 1976, with today being its 29th birthday.However, even respected web sites sometimes post humorous or misleading stories in recognition of the April Fool's tradition, so be especially cautious about the accuracy of news you hear today.

Article Link: April Fool's Day: April 1, 2005

Damien

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2004
Canterbury
hehehe

I bet this is an April fools joke as well! Yes, An evil plan between you and think secret to dismiss a real bit of news! ;) :D

FREE APPLE COMPUTERS FOR EVERYONE WHEN YOU BUY TIGER!

WEHEY!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
MirrorMan said:
At what time (GMT) may we expect to hear any news, if there is any?
If you mean news of Tiger, it would most likely be early morning to mid-day in U.S. east coast time, based on previous announcements. But there's no guarantee.

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
April Fools... What a Drag

I work with a bunch of clowns and bafoons. Every day is April Fool's. If Tiger ship date is announced today, it will make it all better. In the mean time, WHERE are the Wenches in the ranking system?

MirrorMan

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2004
Dublin
Doctor Q said:
If you mean news of Tiger, it would most likely be early morning to mid-day in U.S. east coast time, based on previous announcements. But there's no guarantee.

So, I guess that would be about 1600-1800 GMT ?

John Rivers

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2004
Hot News!

I think it's quite clear that Apple is using the person who posted the Tiger intro video as a pawn to distract attention from the REAL news that they are releasing Powerbook G5s.

Seriously...really...my neighbor told me...it's gotta be true... ;)

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
johnnyjibbs said:
How are we going to know if any Tiger annoucement is a fool's joke or not? :p :D
you will be either able to pre-order it or there will be a counting down ticker on the homepage of apple.com

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
So I guess that means that the story over at ThinkSecret about Apple releasing a dual G5 PowerBook on Tuesday is a hoax then. :(

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
John Rivers said:
I think it's quite clear that Apple is using the person who posted the Tiger intro video as a pawn to distract attention from the REAL news that they are releasing Powerbook G5s.

Seriously...really...my neighbor told me...it's gotta be true... ;)

never really thought of myself as a pawn before ? more of a knight

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
MirrorMan said:
At what time (GMT) may we expect to hear any news, if there is any?

I guess the stores will go down at the usual time which usually happens at 12.15 GMT (if on standard time, which I think is still true for the US) for worldwide stores and about half an hour later for the US stores.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
liketom said:
you will be either able to pre-order it or there will be a counting down ticker on the homepage of apple.com

But you can already pre-order Tiger through Amazon.com now.

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
Guys, want to hear something fairly funny? PodGear just introduced a product called the PodShave for the iPod. It's a shaver that attaches to the top of your iPod. *Holding in laughter*

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
I was in my local Apple store yesterday and say a big box with the words "Apple promotion display - follow instructions carefully" on the side.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
well todays judgement day. thankfully im going to be glued to my machine all day to finish off some coursework, but this will probably be the longest time i leave apple.com open :D
and if its not out today i won't be too bothered, got a nice tea tonight :cool:

*crosses fingers*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.