Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnscully

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Hi,

purchased the Aqara G2H Pro for Homekit integration.

Works great, but one problem: When the cam records videos when detecting movement, the videoclips have no sound. The normal video streaming has sound. How can that be?

Installed already the latest firmware for the cam. The settings seem to be fine too. What could be the case?

misterlwc

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
London, Belfast, Barcelona
Camera videos recording without audio was a known issue on this model of camera from Aqara. This issue should be patched in the Firmware release 4.0.4, verify the camera firmware is up to date in the Aqara Home app. In the Aqara Home app there is an option under your camera settings as "Volume" directly under Microphone Settings by default it is set to 50%, verify the volume is turned up for the Microphone. Otherwise in the Apple home app, verify under Recording Options and More Options that the Camera is set to "Record Audio".

If issues persist I would remove the HomeKit Camera/Accessory in the Apple Home app, perform a factory reset on the Camera by placing a PIN in the factory button on the bottom of the camera and setup the HomeKit Camera again within the Apple Home app.

johnscully

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks! The „record audio“ option is already activated and I raised the microphone volume even to 100 percent - without success. The firmware is already on 4.0.4 (updated the cam over the Aqara app).

I‘ll try the factory reset, as I can’t turn the status light of the camera off too (via settings, seems to be another bug).

Last edited:

misterlwc

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
London, Belfast, Barcelona
If issues persist after a verifying the camera firmware is on 4.0.4, verifying settings in the Aqara Home/Apple Home apps, performing factory reset and setting up this HomeKit Camera again, it unfortunately looks like a hardware issue. I would contact Aqara to enquire if any users are still having microphone issue after installing 4.0.4, in case another firmware update is on the way. Otherwise I would investigate if this device is covered by Limited Warranty or Consumer Law (dependant on country of purchase) and contact Aqara or the reseller regarding a replacement product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.