Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

z970

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2017
[ Title Image Coming Soon ]

After 3+ months in development and much longer in the making, I'm pleased to announce what will be my final dual-project for PowerPC OS X.

Introducing AquaSuite, a specially curated collection of software for Mac OS X Tiger under the purpose of being a locally saveable, all-in-one reference for increasing the system's performance, hardening the system's security, broadening the system's range of functional abilities, and visually decorating the system with differing aesthetic appearances, all in order to make the user's experience with Mac OS X Tiger easier and more fun.

Doubly, AquaSuite is a lighthearted celebration of 15 years of Tiger, sharing its best and most useful apps of old and new, all bundled into one convenient compilation of re-branded archives under the Aqua prefix.

AquaSuite is available @ Macintosh Garden. (Remember to use the mirror links for faster downloads.)

Note: You must move the "Aesthetic" folder into a new folder on your Desktop named "AquaSuite" for the included wallpaper installer scripts to work.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
[ Title Image Coming Soon ]

After 3+ months in development and much longer in the making, I'm pleased to announce what will be my final dual-project for PowerPC OS X.

Introducing AquaSuite, a specially curated collection of software for Mac OS X Tiger under the purpose of being a locally saveable, all-in-one reference for increasing the system's performance, hardening the system's security, broadening the system's range of functional abilities, and visually decorating the system with differing aesthetic appearances, all in order to make the user's experience with Mac OS X Tiger easier and more fun.

Doubly, AquaSuite is a lighthearted celebration of 15 years of Tiger, sharing its best and most useful apps of old and new, all bundled into one convenient compilation of re-branded archives under the Aqua prefix.

AquaSuite is available @ Macintosh Garden. (Remember to use the mirror links for faster downloads.)

Note: You must move the "Aesthetic" folder into a new folder on your Desktop named "AquaSuite" for the included wallpaper installer scripts to work.

Enjoy! :)

One thing you may want to add is Unlockupd. This fixes lookupd, which, if it crashes, brings your system to a halt, usually during local file sharing.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
One thing you may want to add is Unlockupd. This fixes lookupd, which, if it crashes, brings your system to a halt, usually during local file sharing.

Thanks for this. Lately, I've been having issues with my server locking up. Usually during file transfers. I don't know when this happens because the Mac is headless. The only clue I'll get is when I come to check on a connection.

Just installed it and going to see if it helps.

Reactions: B S Magnet
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.