Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Just wanted to post a link to my newest gallery of architectural shots:

Architectural Pics

Thanks for lookin!

skyscraper1.jpg

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Really nice stuff.

Are the night shots *modified* at all, or are those the colors as you see them?

Love the twilight and city clouds shot (red sky behind the church). The interiors are nice, but for me there something innately wrong with all the walls being white :D Thats just a personal preference.

I'm looking forward to getting up to Chicago this summer and taking some building shots as well.

D

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Mr. Anderson said:
Really nice stuff.

Are the night shots *modified* at all, or are those the colors as you see them?

Love the twilight and city clouds shot (red sky behind the church). The interiors are nice, but for me there something innately wrong with all the walls being white :D Thats just a personal preference.

I'm looking forward to getting up to Chicago this summer and taking some building shots as well.

D

Those night shots are all pretty much original. Maybe a slight white balance tweak here and there, but pretty much straight from camera.

I agree with you on the white interiors. the people who own that house have very exotic tastes, and they just keep the walls white since they have so much furniture shift (and hence, color shifts). They're a crazy well-to-do family though.

The church shot is one of my faves. I was totally happy with that red sky. :) It was like 10 degrees out when i took that one!

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
Always enjoy your work. Would also be interested in any of the technical details of your shots, (saved some of the files and used iphoto to see the data) and your thoughts and intentions. Again thanks for posting.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Bibulous said:
Always enjoy your work. Would also be interested in any of the technical details of your shots, (saved some of the files and used iphoto to see the data) and your thoughts and intentions. Again thanks for posting.

What kind of technical details? Lenses used and so forth? Mostly done with the 12-24mm and the 35 f2.0.....

ask me whatever you want and i'll be glad to answer. :)

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

I do think architectural photography is a vastly underappreciated niche. I can't wait for some of the major projects being built in San Francisco (the new De Young Museum by Herzog de Meuron, specifically) to get completed so I can go take some new snaps.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Silencio said:
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

I do think architectural photography is a vastly underappreciated niche. I can't wait for some of the major projects being built in San Francisco (the new De Young Museum by Herzog de Meuron, specifically) to get completed so I can go take some new snaps.

I agree that it's underappreciated. I think i'm gonna try and start travelling more to get a variety of architectural shots. Maybe I can convince some firm to hire me. :) heh

m

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.