Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Papa Goose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Switzerland
Hi all,

We have an MBA, iMac, 3 iPads, and 3 iPhones in the house, all using gmail as email, accessed through mail. For some reason the iMac (El Capitan) and all the IOS devices had an Archive mailbox appear under trash recently, but not the MBA (running Mavericks).

I checked on the iMac and thee were 3 emails in the archive, so deleted them expecting the Archive box to vanish, but it stayed, and on the IOS device. I checked gmail, and under labels show in IMAP was unchecked, so I checked it, restarted every device,and opened mail, Archive box still the (and empty). I unchecked the IMAP box, restarted everything again, and the Archive box has gone from the iMac to now, but is still on the IOS device. It's never appeared on the MBA at all, and why it's suddenly pooped up I don't know, an update maybe?

Anyway, it's gone from the iMac now, but any way to get rid of it on the IOS devices please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.