Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I have a 9th gen iPad, ios17.1.1
I tried navigating to Settings (app) --> username at top left --> Subscriptions (on right hand side)...
... but the only thing I see is for Apple One. Nothing for ATV+ (nor Apple Arcade for that matter, the other service I'd sub to a la carte)

I can sub to ATV+ by opening up the ATV app, and choosing any show that requires a sub to watch (where it'll prompt me to sub), but it only gives me the option to go monthly.

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Open Music app on iPad. On upper right, Click Account>Account Settings>Subscriptions>Apple TV+. The option for annual renewal is there.

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
My bad. I thought you were looking to renew existing subscription. Just go to the website to sign up.

Edit: I recently changed my subscription from monthly to annual. Maybe you need to have an existing subscription to get the annual option. I don't know.

Last edited:

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Edit: I recently changed my subscription from monthly to annual. Maybe you need an to have an existing subscription to get the annual option. I don't know.
I should've included that I did the free trials of both that came with the purchase of my iPad. It's weird, but I think you're right about having to already be subbed to do annual :\

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
I was looking at this the other day on my iphone and there was an option for me to switch to annual. Half tempted but also half tempted to cancel until new seasons come out of some of the shows I liked (Silo, Hijacked, the one with the aliens).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.