Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HighSierraCatalina

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 28, 2020
Hey!
I've been looking for a new laptop for awhile and I was wondering if anyone has experiences with Huawei laptops? Are they any good?
I gotta say, I've only had good experiences with Huawei phones.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Excellent I used a MateBook X for a couple years, my wife has it now with no complaints, From personal experience build quality exceeds Apple as does the reliability. I'd certainly look to Huawei again if I wanted another thin and light W10 notebook. Huawei came out of nowhere with it's notebooks and all that I've looked at are excellent.

Q-6

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Hey!
I've been looking for a new laptop for awhile and I was wondering if anyone has experiences with Huawei laptops? Are they any good?
I gotta say, I've only had good experiences with Huawei phones.
Although I don't have one, from those around me who do, they seem to be happy about it. I do precaution you about support. Since a laptop is not cheap, I would only buy one with actual local warranty (ie I wouldn't import a laptop if Huawei doesn't officially release the laptop in your country).

HighSierraCatalina

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 28, 2020
Although I don't have one, from those around me who do, they seem to be happy about it. I do precaution you about support. Since a laptop is not cheap, I would only buy one with actual local warranty (ie I wouldn't import a laptop if Huawei doesn't officially release the laptop in your country).
Over here it's easier to find Huawei Products than Apple products.

Silvestru Hosszu

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2016
Europe
Hi,
I still have my 2018 MateBook X Pro and I love it.
Excellent screen, good performance and very good battery life (office use scenario).
There are however 2 things you may consider:
- the trackpad rattles. It is relatively easy to fix but you have to open up the laptop.
- it can heat up if you are charging it while also in use (for me it is not a problem, I use it exclusively on battery).
If you can live with the aforementioned issues you may go for it!

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Excellent I used a MateBook X for a couple years

I was just looking at the Huwaei machines, I was considering a Surface Laptop 3, but the MateBook X Pro is a lot of machine for the same or even slightly less money. So much choice when all I previously had to choose from was whatever Apple had, that is either MBA or MBP.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Over here it's easier to find Huawei Products than Apple products.
Well, your options are not only Apple or Huawei, no? What I meant was when buying a laptop, it is better to buy from a company that have legal presence and service centers in your country.

For example, for me, it is better to get an Asus/Lenovo/HP regardless of how seemingly better other brands are, simply because of the service center and parts availability in my country of the aforementioned brands.

If Huawei does operate and provide local warranty in your country, then go for it.

Reactions: HighSierraCatalina

HighSierraCatalina

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 28, 2020
Well, your options are not only Apple or Huawei, no? What I meant was when buying a laptop, it is better to buy from a company that have legal presence and service centers in your country.

For example, for me, it is better to get an Asus/Lenovo/HP regardless of how seemingly better other brands are, simply because of the service center and parts availability in my country of the aforementioned brands.

If Huawei does operate and provide local warranty in your country, then go for it.
No, there are many laptops avaliable. I've been also thinking of getting MacBook Air 2017 that they still officially sell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.