Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skins0304

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2008
I think a little too much is made about the viewing angle. I haven't had issues with it at all. Last I checked, I wasn't doing jumping jacks while using it.

The screen is fine. I actually used to hate glossy screens, but I don't mind this one at all.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I love mine. People who complain about glare issues I've never experienced it in the outdoors or in a well lit room. I guess I just don't notice it. For the average user, the MB screen is a ok.

jdee2wheels

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
I'm fine with the glossy screen. It's a bit of a pain sometimes with the glare, but glossy screens are nice and crisp looking so I understand the trade off. The view angle sucks though. I'm constantly adjusting the screen every time I shift my head, and trying to have 2 people view the screen at once, collaborating on something is hopeless. Yes, minor inconveniences in the grand scheme of things, but it's still a bummer when all those cheap PCs have much better screens. This screen really is bottom of the barrel.

Thetics

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
yeah, i hate the macbook screen, hense why i use it for my audio junk, and use my pro for graphics.

jay1097

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2008
Montreal
My macbooks screen is good. I never need to keep it at maximum brightness. Also coming from a 15.4 inch Toshiba laptop with the same screen resolution as the macbook, I really apperciate the pixel density. Obviously this display isn't as good as a stand alone display but i think it gets the job done well.

I would imagine for professionals who need color correctness the MBPs is a better option.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I was surprised how much I liked the glossy screen. The LCD looks awesome.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It's adequate to good in my opinion, but not great.

It's pretty bright, and colors are good with the glossy screen. But the glossy screen cuts into viewing angle. I haven't noticed any other notebook in its price range being significantly better.

I bought an external LCD for use at home. It's a 19" with 1280 x 1024 resolution, as I prefer a larger dot pitch for extended viewing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.