Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkjazzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
so what do you think.

Are more or fewer going to be trying to unlock the iphone with 1.1? Did the hacking craze recruit more people or did the hackers who just wanted a working version now stop? Does it matter that school is now in session? Is there any way to make this a poll?

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Probably less. Those who wanted it unlocked have one so unless a to die for app comes out I see no need to worry about 1.1.1

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
I would have thought a lot less people will be prepared to try it now they realise they could end up with a very expensive brick.

I disagree. I think it will be a lot fewer people rather than a lot less.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
What about hacking? It seems like they arent really getting anywhere with apptapp for 1.1.1

do these hackers know what they're doing? i read the forum of the iphone dev team and most of them were really struggling to write english.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
NY
do these hackers know what they're doing? i read the forum of the iphone dev team and most of them were really struggling to write english.

English is not the only languange in this world...most of those hackers are from europe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.