Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
When Siri Suggestions were announced, I had high hopes. Having Siri suggest relevant things throughout the OS seemed like a great idea. Especially as it doesn’t require the delays and (mis)interpretations of speech recognition. However, the result was as useless as Siri itself. Actually, I find these Siri Suggestions infuriating because I can’t rely on them, so I can’t offload these things from my mind.

For instance: I add my appointments with locations diligently to the Calendar app. But when I open Maps, more often than not, my next appointment destination is not listed there. As a result I need to use the system differently to get driving instructions. In this case: open the Calendar app and tap the address, instead of opening Maps and just hoping the address pops up there.

Why are these things so hard to implement correctly for Apple? And more importantly, do they finally work better in iOS 15? Anybody having some experience with them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.