Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
are there 2021 or later cars/SUVs in the US the don't have CarPlay capable factory headunits?

I'm car shopping right now.... since most cars/SUVs have it, I'm just wondering if there are any that still don't have it in 2021 or later models?

thanks!

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
are there 2021 or later cars/SUVs in the US the don't have CarPlay capable factory headunits?

I'm car shopping right now.... since most cars/SUVs have it, I'm just wondering if there are any that still don't have it in 2021 or later models?

thanks!

in some trim levels of some cars it's still an upgrade option, or not available at all ...

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
in some trim levels of some cars it's still an upgrade option, or not available at all ...

Thanks! Guess I wont' be getting the Toyota Land Cruiser... :(

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
Tesla does not have it.

wait... what do you mean Tesla doesn't have it!!!??? I was actually seriously considering a Tesla, despite the fact that the nearest charging station is almost an hour away from my home or office. :(

I guess I should never assume anything... :( I am so used to CarPlay now. I can do it with my eyes close while driving. (oops, I meant that my fingers are conditioned to know where icons are on the CarPlay screen, so I don't have to look at the screen to know what I'm touching) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.