Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
I had high hopes for cineplayerx but just requested a refund for it because of no ac3 (and no warning that the latest version didn't) support.. DTS was a paid upgrade and I'd have been happy to pay it if it included ac3 but it didn't say explicitly that it did

Same for avplayerhd, I read a blog saying it had it, turned out it didn't and worse, the UPnP client didn't work properly either.. It's the second app I've paid for and the second I've refunded. I'm sure Apple are going to stop allowing me to refund soon :)

So, can anyone advise me whether there are any apps that support ac3 and UPnP .. These the only 2 things I care about

I have an iPad 2 mini, and I'm not averse to jail breaking it if needs be

Thanks guys n girls

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
I had high hopes for cineplayerx but just requested a refund for it because of no ac3 (and no warning that the latest version didn't) support.. DTS was a paid upgrade and I'd have been happy to pay it if it included ac3 but it didn't say explicitly that it did

Same for avplayerhd, I read a blog saying it had it, turned out it didn't and worse, the UPnP client didn't work properly either.. It's the second app I've paid for and the second I've refunded. I'm sure Apple are going to stop allowing me to refund soon :)

So, can anyone advise me whether there are any apps that support ac3 and UPnP .. These the only 2 things I care about

I have an iPad 2 mini, and I'm not averse to jail breaking it if needs be

Thanks guys n girls

Yes nPlayer Newin Inc support AC3 and UPnP. But it has not DTS. Or Infuse this has AC3,DTS and UPnP.

See here reviews from Menneisyys2 https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1652736/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.