Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hkfan45

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2021
Every top tier android I’ve played around with (S22, Fold, 6 Pro) has this annoying way it renders web pages in chrome. It seems to take more time loading a page than my iPhone 13 Pro. This is especially true when you hit back (or swipe back). With the iPhone it instantly displays the prior page in history. With the androids it seems to do a force fresh and loads slower. What gives?

Hkfan45

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2021
I’ve tried the Samsung browser but still loads pages completely different from safari/iOS. It seems it’s the way android is designed. It’s a shame since android offers so many other advantages.

edubfromktown

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have no idea what web browsing performance is like beyond iPhone 11 (wife's mobile).

Duckduckgo browser on Android 12 and macOS (13" 10th gen MBP Catalina and Studio Max Base Monterey) is stellar. I have 42 browser windows open at the moment on my OnePlus 8T along with other apps.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Every top tier android I’ve played around with (S22, Fold, 6 Pro) has this annoying way it renders web pages in chrome. It seems to take more time loading a page than my iPhone 13 Pro. This is especially true when you hit back (or swipe back). With the iPhone it instantly displays the prior page in history. With the androids it seems to do a force fresh and loads slower. What gives?
Just sat with my son who is visiting and uses an Iphone 13 Pro and with my Fold 3. We tried to replicate your observation by trying several sites going in 3 deep then back then forward

Nope nothing, no discernible difference, not sure how you see it let alone measure it, both phones look instant and that's the Fold 3 showing more text and images than the smaller iPhone screen :D

Last edited:
Reactions: sunking101

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I don't feel browsing on Android (especially for flagship models) to be that much slower than an iPhone. I do use Brave, which has built-in ad blockers. So give Brave a try.

Samsung Browser renders certain sites like this forum weirdly, so I only use it as a backup (with ad blocker plugin, of course). I don't use Chrome unless it's necessary.

Reactions: Snowlover
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.